Best Toto Toilet Reviews – Definitive Guide in 2019
Have you been searching for the best Toto toilet? Ask someone who is familiar with Toto products, I know how hard this can be as the company has manufactured a lot of good toilets, be it regular, flush or dual flush. So which one do you buy?
To save you the trouble of going over all those products, I have sorted them out and picked the ten best toilets Toto has to offer.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Toto Toilets - Comparisons
- 10 Top Toto Toilets Reviews
- 1. Toto CST744SG#01 Drake 2-Piece Toilet
- 2. Toto Ultramax II Het Double Cyclone Toilet
- 3. Toto CST244EF#01 Entrada Elongated Toilet
- 4. TOTO CST412MF.01 Aquia Dual Flush Toilet
- 5. Toto MS854114# 01 Ultimate Elongated Toilet
- 6. Toto Drake Elongated Bowl and Tank
- 7. Toto CST416M#01 Aquia II 2-Piece Toilet
- 8. Toto CST454CEFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet
- 9. Toto CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet
- 10. Toto CST243EF-01 Entrada 1.28GPF Toilet
- Things To Consider - Top Quality Toto Toilet
- Final Words
10 Best Toto Toilets - Comparisons
28 x 19.5 x 28.5
28.3 x 16.6 x 28.8
24.4 x 14.4 x 30
30.8 x 17.5 x 20.5
29 x 17 x 28
28 x 19.5 x 30.5
27.5 x 15.2 x 30.2
28.8 x 16.5 x 29.4
28 x 19.5 x 30.5
23 x 15 x 30
10 Top Toto Toilets Reviews
If you are confused about which one to get for your bathroom, check the following Toto toilets reviews and decide about the particular model suits you best.
1. Toto CST744SG#01 Drake 2-Piece Toilet
The Toto CST744SG#01 Drake 2-piece toilet has all the features you’d expect from a quality Toto toilet, such as a SanaGloss, a special glazing that keeps the toilet smooth and clean whenever you flush it.
Speaking of the flush, it is 3 inches wide, which is much larger than the standard used in regular toilets.
The Drake 2 piece also uses the G Max Flushing System so each flush is quiet, powerful and eliminates waste. No need for multiple flushes that will waste water as the CST744SG offers commercial level performance.
Unlike other two piece toilets, the CST744SG is easy to clean.
- You have more space on the sides.
- G-max flushing system accounts for powerful rinsing of the bowl.
- SanaGloss’ I-on barrier prevents dirt from sticking to surface.
- Tank and bowl can be removed and installed separately.
- The toilet offers great value for money.
- People with large body might feel uncomfortable.
- You’ll have to clean and maintain the toilet very often.
- Mold and bacteria can accumulate inside the seam of the tank and toilet bowl.
- Toilet seat is not included with this model from Toto.
2. Toto Ultramax II Het Double Cyclone Toilet
The Ultramax II is an ADA compliant toilet, complete with Double Cyclone for quick and efficient waste removal.
With numbers like 4.8 Lpf/1.28 Gpf it is not hard to see why this is considered as one of the top toilets today. Features wise it is right up there with the top products that Toto has manufactured.
What’s more the Ultramax II comes with everything you need to get the toilet up and running: The SoftClose seat, the chrome plated trip lever, fittings and tank cover are all included.
The Ultramax II has two nozzles, and this is what allows the Double Cyclone technology to produce a centrifugal action which cleans the bowl and rim with every flush.
- The toilet complies with ADA guidelines.
- It comes with a “Soft Close” seat.
- A “Single Piece Design” toilet.
- This toilet is WaterSense certified signaling it saves water.
- Has a footprint that is larger than most toilets.
- Not suitable for small-size bathrooms.
- Molds and stains can accumulate around the contours of the toilet.
3. Toto CST244EF#01 Entrada Elongated Toilet
The Toto CST244EF#01 Entrada has an efficiency rating of 1.28GPF/4.8LPF, ensuring that each flush doesn’t waste any water. During our Toto Entrada review, we found this to be one of the best creations by the company.
The design is of a traditional toilet complete with the white colors and clear lines, and with the E-Max flushing system each flush is quiet but effective. The Entrada doesn’t come with a toilet seatbut you can easily buy one online.
CalGreen and ADA compliant, the Entrada comes with a 3-inch flush valve, and since it is bigger than the typical one in toilets, it is more proficient in disposing of waste.
Most important, this one of the best Toto toilets doesn’t clog up. Easy to install, long lasting and efficient, the Entrada is one of the best in the business.
- The toilet doesn’t make significant noises.
- The tank refills faster than those of other toilets.
- This toilet that saves considerable amount of water.
- Great value for the price.
- Entrada Elongated Toilet satisfied customers with its looks.
- Unfortunately, the flush valve is not adjustable.
Also Read: Best Toilet Flappers – Guide & Reviews
4. TOTO CST412MF.01 Aquia Dual Flush Toilet
The CST412MF.01 Aquia comes with the Dual Max Flushing System and with a consumption of 0.9-GPF/3.4-LPF and 1.6-GPF/6.0-LPF is going to keep your utility bill manageable.
Other notable features are its universal height, elongated skirt and of course the dual flush option.
The dual flush is quickly becoming a common feature in toilets, as you can use the low flush option for liquids and high volume for solids.
Furthermore, the toilet is easy to install and it doesn’t leak. It measures 27.5 x 14.2 x 31.2 inches so it doesn’t take up a lot of space, great if you have small bathrooms. The toilet itself is comfortable to use, and the height is just right for users regardless of age.
- Dual flush mechanism can save water and deliver power when needed.
- The design makes it easy to clean.
- This toilet is great for narrow bathroom space.
- Bacteria and molds won’t be able to take over your toilet bowl or tank.
- You can replace either tank or the bowl at a cheap cost.
- People with a large build will have difficulties using this toilet.
- Regular maintenance needed.
- The seat is difficult to install.
- Price is a bit high to my liking.
5. Toto MS854114# 01 Ultimate Elongated Toilet
The MS854114#01 toilet epitomizes the good stuff that comes with a one-piece toilet.
It is easy to clean, stylish and installation is straightforward. Built into the toilet is the Power Gravity Flushing System, and with this you’re assured that each flush pulls down the waste without raising a lot of noise.
The 3-inch Fast Flush is bigger and stronger than your regular flush, and its 2 1/8 inch glazed trapway is well implemented. The seat height is 15 inches for comfort, and at 6 LPF/1.6 GPF, consumption is one of the most effective in the market. Made from high gloss polypropylene, the material is resistant to cleaning agents and chemicals.
- An ideal toilet for small bathrooms.
- Comes with a “Soft Close” seat.
- Elongated shape is comfortable for people to use.
- The flush works great.
- The height of the seat is 15” above the ground and that’s a bit low for some users.
- You’ll have to buy the bolts, the accessory kit and the gasket to set the toilet up.
6. Toto Drake Elongated Bowl and Tank
The Toto Drake sports a high profile modern design which should complement different types of bathroom motifs.
The G Flushing System is of commercial grade quality so performance is top notch and quiet. The Drake also has a large water surface for greater efficiency and has the 2 1/8 inch trapway found in other Toto toilets.
Installation is easy and it’s capable of flushing large masses of waste. Because of the powerful flushing system, it only takes one flush to remove waste and clean the toilet, saving money and time.
Just for comparison, the Drake can flush up to 900 grams of waste, whereas other toilets max out at 250 grams.
- Toto Drake has more space on the sides.
- Glossy design comes with powerful flush.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- The toilet is water efficient.
- It uses 1.6 gallons of water only when flushed for a single time.
- Installs easily.
- Single flush toilet uses the same amount of water for all waste types.
- It is a bit difficult to clean.
7. Toto CST416M#01 Aquia II 2-Piece Toilet
The Toto CST416M#01 Aquia II is constructed from vitreous china and is as robust as the other Toto toilets. It is a 2-piece toilet but the design makes it easy to clean what would otherwise be hard to reach areas.
Available in cotton white, the Aquia II has a Dual Max Tank for optimum performance and is of standard height.
It is an elongated bowl so it is more comfortable to sit on, and overall the toilet takes roughly the same area as most round toilets so space won’t be an issue.
With its dual flush system you can control how much water it uses up, but either way the flush is powerful and cleans the bowl well.
- The toilet size is compact.
- This TOTO Toilet is WaterSense certified and saves water.
- The toilet is a bit skirted, it facilitates easy cleaning.
- The powerful flush cleans your toilet bowl well.
- Installation is a challenging process.
- You’ll have to learn to flush the toilet effectively.
8. Toto CST454CEFG#01 Drake II 2-Piece Toilet
The Toto Drake series are among the brand’s most popular lines, and why not as its Double Cyclone technology flushes with more power than your average toilet.
A trademark of Toto toilets is the quiet flush and this is no exception. A single flush is all it takes to dispose of waste and the 2 1/8 inch trapway does an excellent job of pulling material and prevents clogging.
The Toto CST454CEFG does not come with a seat, but it’s not hard to find one that is compatible with it. Going back to its flushing, it is one of the most powerful and it’s quick too.
Another thing that should be pointed out is the longer you hold the handle down the more it’s going to flush, giving you control over the process.
- The design is great.
- Effortlessly cleans waste.
- Complies with ADA rules; easy to use for seniors.
- Tank and toilet bowl can be replaced easily.
- Installing this toilet is a tough job.
- Seat doesn’t come with the toilet along with the installation accessories.
- Cleaning this thing takes a little time.
9. Toto CST744SL#01 Drake 2-Piece Ada Toilet
The Toto CST744SL#01 is another one in the Drake series, and it comes with all the features you’d expect from a quality toilet like a 1.6GPF/6.0LPF consumption, the powerful G Max flushing system and sizeable trapway at 2 1/8 inches.
With a water surface of 10-3/8 inches x 8-1/4 inches and a 2 3/8 inch trap seal, the Drake is able to flush waste quickly and efficiently.
There are a lot of things we can say about the CST744SL Drake, but the most important is it works. Because it has the capacity to pull large masses you don’t have to flush repeatedly to get rid of stains or streaks.
The anti-clogging mechanism works as well as expected so rarely if ever, will you find the need to use a plunger.
- Powerful flush cleans the bowl efficiently.
- Comes with an efficient tank.
- Toilet bowl is conveniently designed for waste management.
- It complies with the ADA guidelines.
- The seat is not included with the toilet.
- You need to use the “Flush Handle” carefully.
- This toilet may be too high for some people.
10. Toto CST243EF-01 Entrada 1.28GPF Toilet
Another Entrada makes our list of the top Toto toilets and deservedly so. The Entrada CalGreen uses the proprietary E-Max flushing system for the best results and it lives up to the hype.
At 1.28GPF/4.8LPF it is one of the most proficient when it comes to pulling waste. The Entrada also comes with the standard Toto 3" flush valve, and it has an ADA compliant round front bowl.
The toilet seat is not included.
This is a small toilet but packs a big punch in terms of performance. Installation is quick and once set it operates quickly and efficiently. You probably won’t have any need for the plunger and that’s always a good thing.
There are a lot of fancier toilets around but there’s no need for that when you can have the Toto CST243EF-01.
- Tank of this toilet set fills very fast.
- The flush is very quick and also quiet.
- Great in cleaning solid waste.
- Saves a lot of water.
- Great value for the price you pay.
- It is a small toilet; fit for small bathrooms.
- Flushed water doesn’t reach all corners of the bowl.
- Comes with a short-ish water connector.
Things To Consider - Top Quality Toto Toilet
There are two choices, round and elongated. The round toilet doesn’t take up a lot of space and is ideal if there is limited room. The elongated bowl is longer and is the one used in a lot of modern toilets.
Toto has a good selection of round and elongated toilets so you can have your pick. Just remember that the shape of the toilet bowl is going to determine the shape of the toilet seat you buy as well.
The standard height for toilets is 14 to 15 inches, while ADA compliant ones are 17 to 19 inches.
If the toilet is going to be used by the elderly or those with some disability or injury, buy an ADA compliant toilet, but if you are comfortable with standard toilets, Toto has those as well.
1 Piece or 2 Piece
A one-piece design integrates the toilet bowl and the tank into one piece. This saves space and is easy to clean. A two-piece toilet has the traditional look of toilets with the tank and bowl separated.
They’re also easy to install and notable for their durability, though they take up more space than the one-piece variant.
Just like with the round vs. elongated shape debate, you need to check your bathroom’s measurements. Make sure there is enough space for the type of toilet you want to use.
Taking measurements isn’t going to take too much time and will save you a lot of potential trouble.
There are many types of flushing systems, the most common being gravity feed and pressure assisted. Gravity feed flushing systems use gravity to fill the bowl with water, and it is very effective in a lot of cases.
A pressure assisted flushing mechanism on the other hand, has a sealed tank that generates air pressure as it gets filled with water. It then uses the pressure to release the water and flush waste.
While these are the most common designs, there are other types of flushing systems such as power assisted, dual flush and more. Dual flush is increasingly popular as it allows you to select the type of flush to use.
You can go over the many Toto toilets I have reviewed here and see there are a lot of different flushing systems.
All toilets made from 1994 onwards should adhere to the Federal standard of 1.6 gal per flush maximum. Toto not only follows that but their toilets actually do much better at 1.28 gallons per flush.
If you have never used a 1.28 gal per flush toilet before, you might be apprehensive about its performance and if it can really flush waste away. With Toto you’re assured their toilets can really flush the waste away without leaving a trace.
Aside from those mentioned, there are a few others that you may want to consider. You may for example, come across the term “comfort height” when shopping for toilets, and this refers to the ADA compliance we mentioned earlier.
The ADA or American Disabilities Act specifies that toilets be at least 17 inches high, and Toto conforms to that. There are still toilets which are 15 inches, but 17 inches is rapidly becoming the standard as it is more comfortable not just for the disabled but pretty much everyone.
Another factor that comes into play is the features of the toilet:
If you read the reviews above you will notice they have different flushing mechanisms, and some have dual flush options, specially coated surfaces and more.
The truth is you cannot go wrong with any of these as they are all built to last and don’t leak. However, there may be specific features that you may like in particular Toto toilets.
Finding the best Toto toilet can be challenging when you consider how many quality products the brand has released through the years.
Hopefully with these Toto toilet reviews guide you’ll be able to find the perfect toilet that matches your budget and requirements. One thing is for sure though, with Toto it’s always going to be a good investment.
- Best Toilet Brush – Tested by Experts
- Best Composting Toilet Reviews – The Most Environment Friendly Toilets
- Best Dual Flush Toilet Reviews – Use Water Depending On Requirement
- Best Toilet Bowl Cleaner Reviews – Ultimate Guide
Feedback? Rate Us: