Best Towel Racks For 2017 – Selection From Interior Designer
Decorating a bathroom is not always an easy task, you need a lot of equipment. Among them, the best towel racks is without a doubt a must-have, and one of the most basic things in any bathroom, so let us start there.
Towel racks bring order and style into your bathroom, and they are also aesthetically pleasant. Most have sophisticated, eye-catching designs that are sure to give your bathroom a facelift. Some even have additional storage space incorporated into their designs, to help save space.
10 Best Towel Racks - Reviews
In my review is a selection of the most notable models, with their features, pros, and cons as well as a buying guide to help you choose the best.
1. Best Choice Products Double Rack
It is not only limited to towels. It's a multi-purpose rack, for the top shelf can hold candles, phones, tissue boxes, bottles of bathroom or hair products and et cetera.
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Rust and corrosion resistant
- Assembled out of the box
- It is easy to install
- Tiny notch in the metal to catch the mounting plate so that it may break
2. Dynasty Hardware DYN-2099-ORB
The gorgeous rich finish makes it look sophisticated and luxurious, and it will accentuate your bathroom space. For easy installation, there is mounting hardware with screws and plastic anchors. If you handle DIY projects at home, it will be simple to install the rack
- Beautiful Oil rubbed bronze finish
- Great design
- Easy to mount
- Spacious to store your towels
- Too small for families
- Doesn't come with instructions on how to install
3. Bruschia Over the Door 4-Hook Rack
The back has a brushed nickel finish, with chrome hooks, giving it a sleek, shiny and sophisticated look. It is not limited to bathrooms alone, for it can be used in bedroom closets too, to hand scarves, hats, purses, jackets, clothes and much more.
- Ample hook storage
- Makes creative use of space
- Attractive and well made
- Sturdy and good quality
- Holds a lot of weight
- Not very well suited for heavier coats
- Doesn't fit all doors
4. QT Premium Modern Single Bar
Mounting kits are made of the same materials, ensuring durability. It looks good and modern, with a brushed stainless steel exterior that makes it look modern. Mounting screws are out of sight hence it looks neat. They are made for easy installation on any cabinet or wall that a hole can be drilled into.
- Great appearance with stainless steel finish
- Easy installation
- Perfect for small apartments, dorms and guest bathrooms
- Simple and lacks detail
5. QT Premium Modern Single Rack
Each piece of the bar holder has passed the Salt Spay test to ensure nothing but the quality is delivered to users. The strict quality control assures longevity with no corrosion or rust.
The rack is highly stable so you do not expect it fall after installation. It doesn’t matter the number of towels that you hang. It provides a secure installation hence making it very stable and reliable.
- Easy to install
- Classic design goes with most décor types
- Aluminum is light and durable with no fading or corrosion
- The towel rack is durable
- Can be used in bathrooms and kitchens
- Has a single towel bar, limiting storage
6. Taozun Self Adhesive Towel Bar
It is also premium-grade stainless steel, to ensure it is rust resistant. The finish is brushed stainless steel, hand polished to perfection. This finish is resistant to corrosion, tarnishing and scratching, keeping your towel bar looking polished for long.
- Quick and simple installation, no hardware or tools required
- Bar rotates in the grooves for easy pulling out
- Looks modern and attractive
- You don't have to drill holes on your walls
- Distance away from the wall is tight, and thicker towels might not dry
7. ELLO&ALLO Oil Rubbed Bronze
It has a small storage rack with tissue holders for a more modern-looking bathroom. The rack features a metal construction for durability and quality. It is waterproof and has rust protection, so it can last for longer without fading or losing its aesthetic beauty.
- Open on the side for easy sliding of towels
- Simple, durable and convenient
- Oil rubbed bronze finish looks antique
- Perfect for household and hotel use
- It is simple to set up
- Works best in bigger bathrooms
8. Organize All 2-Tier Shelf Towel Bars
The chrome finish is sleek and easy to clean. It also gives it a nice look hence boosting the general appearance of your bathroom. It creates more counter space, which in turn creates more area for a more organized and spacious bathroom. The two towel bars make sure it can hold more towels.
- Chrome finish
- More storage space
- 2 towel bars
- The rack creates more floor space
- Easy to maintain clean
- Shelves have ventilation holes that are difficult to clean
9. Aprince Stainless Steel Towel Rack
Its suction will not work well on marble, wood, sanded tile or porcelain. The rack is specifically designed for surfaces with glossy finish. Adjustable slide brackets allow for mounting in small spaces and also help in saving space. The towel rack is lightweight yet very sturdy and durable.
- Easy, DIY installation
- Space saving
- Can be mounted any glossy surface
- Beautiful stainless steel material
- Cannot be mounted on all walls, e.g., stone
10. Best Value D8518 Centura 18" Rack
It is a towel bar with robe hook, towel ring, tissue holder, tumbler and toothbrush holder options. The rod is designed to match with any home décor and it is also simple to install. It comes with screw sets for easy installation and hardware is also included.
- Good quality and durable
- Sleek polished chrome
- Subtle and relaxed design
- Matches many home decors
- Bar moves around in the sockets
- The quality is not the best
Things To Consider When Buying - Best Towel Racks
If you're looking to buy your first towel rack or to upgrade, this review is for you. There are various types, but here are some few things you ought to consider before purchasing, which will guide you to purchase the ideal towel rack for you and your bathroom.
With regards to the size of your bathroom, the towel rack you pick can either be large or small. When you opt for smaller pieces, you save a lot of bathroom space. However, if you have a big bathroom that is spacious enough and you want a large towel rack, I don't see why not.
As long as it can be well integrated into the design of the bathroom furniture, go with a size of your preference. It is important to note, though, that a large towel rack in a small bathroom will crowd the space and make a small space look even more crammed.
Wall-Mounted Or Free-Standing Towel Racks
With wall mounted racks, the idea is to use space that would otherwise never be used for example above the toilet or beside the bathtub, on the wall.
Freestanding towel racks, on the other hand, are more versatile for they can be placed anywhere and they can be moved around. Also with this variety, you don't have to drill holes in the wall to install.
Heat And Other Features
Some towel racks can be plugged into a power outlet and the bars heat up, warming the towels. If you feel this feature is necessary for those cold days when you shiver while preparing after a bath, or for hot days when your towel gets mildew, then this is a feature you ought to look for.
There are other features too, so consider a rack that has features that suit your needs.
At the end of the day, a towel rack is something you need in your bathroom. Not only are they convenient for storage of your towels, but they also add to the bathroom's aesthetics.
Consider how you want it to look, what materials you want it to be made of, where you want it to go and how it is going to be installed and incorporated into your bathroom space. In my review are some of the most notable shower racks in the market, to guide you in picking one that will not disappoint.